Friday, September 16, 2005

Know We Know

The Generalissimo finally gets the definitive answer to the question surrounding Ryan Zimmerman's playing time.
"I'm not trying to get him spots," Robinson said. "We're riding the horse that brought us here. The ugly girl we asked to the dance is the one we're going with."
While I don't agree with the answer, I understand it and now won't have to wonder why Zimmerman isn't getting any spot starts. Frank's loyalty is admirable and if I were a veteran player, it is a positive with respect to bringing players to Washington next year. If anything, the loyalty to Guzman and Castilla have demonstrated that if you are a veteran and you are promised a starting job, it's more than likely yours come hell or high water. I'm going to enjoy the ride over the next two plus weeks as the Nationals fight for the Wild Card spot. I won't kvetch about lack of playing time for Zimmerman or any other younger player. But once (a) the season ends or (b) the Nationals are eliminated, I hope that Frank realizes it's time to look towards the future.

No comments: